Promotion of supply and demand of Eco-Fair Agri-food processing products in Vietnam
The project “Promotion of supply and demand of Eco-Fair Agri-food processing products in Vietnam” (Eco-fair), funded by the European Union (EU), began to implement from April 2020. Center for Sustainability Study and Consultancy (CCS)-the member of Netherlands Vietnam Horti Business Platform together with partners including Vietnam Rural Industries Research and Development Institute (VIRI)-project leader, Vietnam Cleaner Production Centre (VNCPC) and Funzilife Ltd. (Finland) will implement this project in 3 years from 2020 to 2023.
The overall objective of the project is to promote sustainable production and consumption of eco-equitable agricultural product processing in Vietnam, contributing to poverty reduction and sustainable livelihood development, towards the green economy, recirculating economy, reducing carbon emissions, improving resource efficiency in Vietnam.
Regarding specific objectives, the project helps:
– Enhancing the capacity of small and micro enterprises (MSMEs) to implement sustainabe production practices and product innovation in the food supply chain;
– Raising awareness of the majority of consumers about lifestyles, sustainable consumption, building networks to promote the implementation of eco-fair labels;
– Using technology platforms to build a network of retailers- eco-fair products;
– Strengthening the capacity of MSMEs to develop products in an eco-equitable manner to facilitate access to financial resources;
– Supporting policy development on fair production and consumption of eco-products in Asia.
The project is now building an online learning course for 1000 MSMEs in cashew nut, rice, fresh fruit and vegetables sub-sectors based on existing expert content in sustainable product innovation and production practices.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact us: Center for Creativity Sustainability Study and Consultancy (CCS), Tel: 02462605318 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org