On Friday, April 7, 2023, at the Office of Lai Chau Agricultural Products Association, the first meeting of 2023 between the two Associations took place.
Attending the meeting were representatives of the Quality Management Sub-Department, under the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of Lai Chau, Mr. Nguyen Quoc Tuan, Chairman of Lai Chau Agricultural Products Association, Ms. Mai Thi Hong, Vietnam Coordinator of the Netherlands – Vietnam Horticulture Business Platform (NVHBP) and representatives of the two Associations’ members.
The two sides re-evaluated the cooperation in the past year, details are:
- In December 2021, the parties signed the Memorandum of Understanding.
- In 2022, the parties supported to introduce agricultural products of Lai Chau Agricultural Products Association members into domestic distribution channels, consulted on organic agricultural production, guided the use of digital application for tracking the production on fields.
- The parties had exchanged on varieties, growing techniques of vegetables and flowers, supporting the trade promotion on the Internet.
- NVHBP introduced and sent flower and vegetable seeds to members of Lai Chau Agricultural Products Association.
- Consulting on product development and market trend for members of Lai Chau Agricultural Products Association on rice, tea…
Proposals and recommendations for the activities in 2023:
- The parties would continue sharing information on domestic and international markets.
- NVHBP supports to set up the Website, Fanpage for Lai Chau Agricultural Products Association, promote practical and effective digitization in sales and marketing.
- Introduce and connect Lai Chau Agricultural Products Association with cooperatives and associations in other provinces to share experiences and exchange goods between regions.
- Promote the establishment of Vegetable and Flower sub-associations to conduct more specific works on this field in 2023.
- The parties maintain regular contact, seek to implement suitable projects and business contracts.