Inauguration ceremony of greenhouse model for Dutch agricultural technology in Nam Cau Kien Industrial Park.
On Friday, January 22, 2021, Nam Cau Kien Industrial Park held the program “Inauguration ceremony of the greenhouse model applying Dutch agricultural technology in Nam Cau Kien Industrial Park”.
High-tech agriculture is agriculture that appropriately applies new and advanced technologies to production in order to improve efficiency, creating a breakthrough in productivity and quality of agricultural products, to satisfy increasingly high demand of society and ensure sustainable agricultural development.
Development of high-tech agriculture, scientific and technological innovation is considered one of the key and central solutions. Applying science and technology to solve challenges in agricultural development with the advantages of technologies such as: biotechnology, greenhouse technology, drip irrigation technology, sensor technology, automation. Internet of Things (IoT) helps agricultural production save costs, increase productivity, improve the quality of agricultural products and protect the environment. On the other hand, high-tech agriculture helps farmers to be proactive in production, overcoming seasonality, reducing dependence on weather and climate and meeting market demand for quality agricultural products.
The Netherlands – Vietnam Horticulture Business Platform (NVHBP) is a cooperative organization between businesses, Research Institutes, Government Organizations of the Netherlands and Vietnam in the field of crop production. The association is the combination of knowledge, technology and experience of the entire farming value chain in Vietnam and the Netherlands. Collaboration is core where members work together to build long-term relationships through sharing expertise and resources to contribute to Vietnam’s growing market and by promoting and sharing sharing and commercialization of Dutch cultivation technologies.
Nam Cau Kien Industrial Park has actively coordinated and worked for a long time with the Netherlands – Vietnam Horticulture Business Platform (NVHBP) to apply high-tech agricultural production techniques at Nam Cau Kien, promoting and replicating the model in Hai Phong, bringing many practical benefits to the country’s agriculture. Nam Cau Kien Industrial Park will take a firm step in promoting the advantages of natural conditions and local potentials to link the northern key economic region, the Red River Delta region, the Northern Coast region and national integration to form a chain of links from production, processing to product consumption; promote the building of trademarks and brands to improve the value of goods and income for people. At the same time, to emphasize importance to researching and applying advanced technologies, high technologies and modern information technology to improve added value, productivity, quality and product competitiveness in the domestic market and export.
We were very honored to welcome Mr. Willem Schoustra, Counsellor of Dutch Agriculture and Ms. Nguyen Huong Lan, Senior Officer, Agriculture Division, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Vietnam Nam came at the inauguration ceremony; to exchange about the cooperation between Nam Cau Kien Industrial Park and NVHBP in particular, and between the agriculture of Vietnam and the Netherlands in general. Mr. Schoustra believes that, with the advantages of climate, land, logistics, Hai Phong will further develop in building a high-tech agricultural economic chain system the coming period.
Participants in the inauguration ceremony:
- Pham Hong Diep – Chairman and General Director of Nam Cau Kien Ecological Industrial Park (NCK).
- Willem Schoustra, Counselor for Agriculture of the Netherlands and Ms. Nguyen Huong Lan, Senior Officer, Agriculture Division, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Vietnam.
- Mai Thi Hong – Vietnam Coordinator – Netherlands – Vietnam Horticulture Business Platform (NVHBP) – Vietnam, Director of Thien Dieu Trading and Production Joint Stock Company, specializes in importing and producing varieties flowers of Dutch origin.
Representating members of NVHBP include:
- Friso Klok – Chain Director and Mr. Ta The Hung – Northern Representative – Rijk Zwaan Vietnam Company – hold the leading position in the Dutch leaf and vegetable varieties.
- Nguyen Phuong – Business Development Director, MimosaTEK Company, is the Vietnamese representative of Eurofin Agro, a Dutch company specializing in providing soil composition testing packages and crop nutrition consultation.
- Bui Thu Trang – Sales Manager – Behn Meyer Vietnam Company, Bac Ninh Branch, introduced the cleaning product BM Clean and Eco shield which is organic silicon to increase the resistance of plants. Behn Meyer is a German company, established in 1840, a member of NVHBP.
Representatives of agencies and businesses in Hai Phong:
- Farmers’ associations of communes
- Manager of cooperatives of 4 communes around the Industrial Park:
- Pham Quang Thanh Head of Agriculture and Rural Development Division of Thuy Nguyen District
- Bui Van Hau, Chairman of Farmers Association of TN district
- Nguyen Manh Chien The Head of Agricultural Extension Station of Thuy Nguyen District – Head of Agriculture Division of Thuy Nguyen District
- The company produces and supplies agricultural film houses in Hai Phong
- Press and media agencies:
- Department of Agriculture, Vietnam Television, VTV2
- Specialist Committee, Hai Phong Television Station, THP
Some photos from the ceremony: