On August 30, 2023, the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development of Dong Thap Province, and the Netherlands-Vietnam Horticulture Business Platform (NVHBP) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation to improve the production and trade of flowers and ornamentals for Dong Thap province; in the field of researching, transfering and commercialising new flower and ornamental products suitable for the climate environment; as well as marketing for the flower and ornamental industry in Dong Thap province, within 3 years (2023-2025).
Based on that, NVHBP will:
- Introduce and transfer new flower varieties, with loyalty;
- Consulting on upgrading technical infrastructure and farming technology
- Consulting on the market and trade of ornamental flower products from Dong Thap.
Dong Thap is responsible for:
- Involving and connecting stakeholders from Dong Thap for the different activities.
- Assigning appropriate personnel to receive information and deploy the work.
- Preparing the necessary infrastructure, coordinate with Party A in implementation.